b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] one-to-one rendering of olam

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "fred burlingame" <tensorpath AT gmail.com>, "Hedrick Gary" <GaryH AT cjfm.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] one-to-one rendering of olam
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:53:43 -0800

Dear Fred,

I will state this just one time, and one time only. You said to Gary, "you
signify the controversy with your theology first program"; and "Nothing in the
Hebrew language or the aortic text calls for that usage,
except your theology."

With respects to the moderators, your statements above are theological in
nature
also and are beyond the list guidelines. So please stop. You are arguing that
English words used to translate a Hebrew term are not correct. That is your
opinion, but do not claim that our position is based on theology, while yours
is
not. That is circular reasoning. Several list members have given you the data
on
the Hebrew (olam means especially myself. We have given you the data as it
appears in the text. We are dealing with what the text says.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III