b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Long and Short syllables

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry" <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Long and Short syllables
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 01:13:38 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
To: "Barry" <nebarry AT verizon.net>; "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Blau's explanation for how ultimate stress became inHebrew

Just a quick response, and then this thread is history, as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.jstor.org/pss/1517715

http://www.jstor.org/pss/542171

I can assume you're familiar with these articles?
***
No I'm not.

If you have any free access to them, then thank you for providing it.
Otherwise you'll have to explain them yourself.

No, I can just get the first page. But if you are near a good university library, you could surely find them there, if this subject really interests you.

So far your statement about Greek and Latin remains completely plucked from the air.

Ok, Arnaud, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. But unless you have studied these languages, you might want to keep that opinion...tentative.

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry