b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Pharaoh Khepera'a in Jeremiah 44:30

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Will Parsons <wbparsons AT alum.mit.edu>
  • To: fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Pharaoh Khepera'a in Jeremiah 44:30
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 14:40:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Arnaud,

I'll probably regret asking this, but...

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 05:05:55 +0200, "Arnaud Fournet"
<fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>

What evidence is there that Egyptian ḫ/kh was pronounced [ʃ] at the time of
Jeremiah? The time between "archaic" Egyption and Coptic stretches over a
lo-o-o-ng time, and I'm unaware of any confusion between ḫ/kh and š/sh in
classical Egyptian.

--
William Parsons