b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] T-SADE

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
  • To: "James Christian" <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] T-SADE
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:47:37 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: James Christian
To: Arnaud Fournet
Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 3:09 PM

Hi,

I've got to be honest. I'm not entirely sure what your question is.
***
As written below, there are several questions.

At the present time, we can say that:
1. apparently, the Codex Vaticanus writes tsade with a T plus a Sigma on top of it.
2. some other Codices don't do that, just a plain Sigma.
3. there's a number of references dealing with that issue.
4. I have not understood why this feature about T+superscript S is due to Greek instead of Hebrew.

Do we have any reason to doubt that the Codex Vaticanus is dated 4th c. AD. ?

A.
***

Are you asking a dating question about the Codex Vaticanus? i.e. are you asking if we uphold the 4th century dating on the basis of this tsade line of evidence?
James Christian
***
And what is the answer to the latter question?

Arnaud Fournet
***