b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] T-SADE

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry" <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] T-SADE
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 07:30:03 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>; "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 6:56 AM

Commentarium infra:

Arnaud:

Interesting question.

I don’t know about Vaticanus, but in checking the online version of LXX that
is available for free at crosswire.org,
***
Where is it exactly on the site?
A.
***

I found that the first few chapters
of 1 Chronicles has almost all tsadas transliterated with simple sigmas. I
don’t know how typical that is for the rest of Tanakh, I just chose those
chapters because I knew that there is where I can expect to find several
names with tsadas that were transliterated into Greek.

Does Vaticanus follow the same pattern?

Karl W. Randolph.
***
I cannot answer that question.

I wonder if there is some standardization in the way the on-line texts would reflect sigmas or not, making them all sigmas for example, whatever the original transcriptions were.

Accept for pictures of an occasional leaf, Vaticanus is not online. There are more and more manuscripts available now, including all or most of Sinaiticus:

http://www.greek-language.com/greek.manuscripts.gateway/

Are there any similar cites for Hebrew manuscripts? Kirk?

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry