b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] T-SADE

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
  • To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] T-SADE
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 12:56:15 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:20 AM

Arnaud:

Interesting question.

I don’t know about Vaticanus, but in checking the online version of LXX that
is available for free at crosswire.org,
***
Where is it exactly on the site?
A.
***

I found that the first few chapters
of 1 Chronicles has almost all tsadas transliterated with simple sigmas. I
don’t know how typical that is for the rest of Tanakh, I just chose those
chapters because I knew that there is where I can expect to find several
names with tsadas that were transliterated into Greek.

Does Vaticanus follow the same pattern?

Karl W. Randolph.
***
I cannot answer that question.

I wonder if there is some standardization in the way the on-line texts would reflect sigmas or not, making them all sigmas for example, whatever the original transcriptions were.

Best

Arnaud Fournet