b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 30:20-30

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 30:20-30
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 06:51:15 +1000

Yes, it is a shaky argument from silence, James. We don't have a complete
inventory of the conceptual framework and content of traditions from ancient
times, so while we today may not know about someone, does not mean that the
ancients did not know about someone, or that they did not make said someone
up at some point. You just cannot confirm either way.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au