b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qadesh of Genesis 20:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qadesh of Genesis 20:1
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:19:18 -0700

Jim:

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> Karl:
>

> You wrote: “You have taken Genesis 31:30 out of context, a logical
> fallacy. Not only have you taken it out of its linguistic context, but also
> its cultural
> context. Once you restore Genesis to its context, then it is talking about a
> completely different event than the Amarna letter, a difference that is
> easily recognized.”
>

> How have I taken Genesis 31: 30 out of context? Here is how I view the
> context.

<snip>

There are so many differences that it blows the mind to think that you find
no differences. It would take a long essay (of your sort) to list all the
differences, which, except for you, all the other members of this list
already know them. So for their sakes, I won’t list them. Further, you have
another argument from silence logical fallacy.

… Otherwise, how could all of the many details above match so precisely?

Maybe one out of ten details match, the other nine don’t. Further, you even
misrepresent some of the details that you claim “match” but don’t really.