b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 30:20-30

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 30:20-30
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 08:58:02 +0300

What needs to be factored in is the likelihood of the story being accepted
by the community. If this was late and made up that likelihood goes down.
The linguistic style seems to suggest that the author believed this would
help his readership understand who he was writing about. This seems to
suggest he had confidence his readership had heard about the guy who found
the hot springs in the desert.

James Christian