b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Fuel for smelting furnaces

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Fuel for smelting furnaces
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 01:26:31 +0200

Jim, Gen. 19:4-5 says that "all the people of Sodom from youth to elder"
came to Lot's house and demanded that he send out his guests "so that we may
know them". What they had in mind may not have been what modern English
calls "sodomy", but "knowing" here has definite sexual connotations.

The rest of you post repeats things that have been said and answered many
times in the past.

Yigal Levin

_____