b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Where to read biblical Dead Sea Scroll

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Where to read biblical Dead Sea Scroll
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:32:57 +0100

What I would be interested in at the moment would be a complete listing of MSS both biblical and non biblical. Some sort of catalogue that logs the name, content and location of each and every MSS. This would be a very useful starting point for building an online database of digital MSS. Have you written any books like that?

James Christian

Quoting dwashbur AT nyx.net:

That was more or less my intention, yes. If you don't have DJD, my book's help will be
limited of course. But for what it's worth, it does give a brief textual analysis of each
passage listed. As far as "don't need to bother" with my book, it's a HUGE help for locating
specific passages that one might want to check out. Even in DJD, the biblical material is
often hard to track down, so buying my book can be a handy short-cut since I've already
done that work for you, hint hint ;-) (Note to mods: please don't take me too seriously...)