b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Meteg and Shva Na/Nah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Meteg and Shva Na/Nah
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:58:53 -0800

For another view on this controversy:

I´m a little amused at the amount of electronic ink metaphorically spilled
in this discussion, of a symbol that does not appear on my computer when I
read Tanakh. Please don´t take it personally, as in this message I have no
intention to single out any individual, rather this is an example of how
grmmarians love to wax long on minutiae, while in the bigger picture of the
language, this was added long after Biblical Hebrew ceased to be spoken and
is sometimes wrong.

Carry on, this is just a comment from the peanut gallery.