b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 12:6: BWR

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 12:6: BWR
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:24:37 -0700

Pere:
When you think of all the happax legomai nouns and verbs found in Tanakh,
then you wonder if a particular binyan can occur once for a verb used more
often in other binyanim?

A more important question, is RWC ever used as a transitive verb, in which
case a niphal use would not be out of order? 2 Samuel 28:30 "For in such I
run the squad…" looks like such an example.

Karl W. Randolph.