b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Niph'al of intransitives

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <pporta AT oham.net>
  • To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Niph'al of intransitives
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 06:41:02 +0100

In a more general way, maybe the question would be too:

Is any use of the Ni'phal of Intransitive verbs attested in the Bible? I mean verbs such as BW), to come; HLK, to go; YRD, to go down and others.

Has anyone on this list made a study of this issue or knows someone who made a study of it?

Pere Porta
(Barcelona)

> WNRC unpointed could be from RWC, RCH or RCC, and it is the context > that
> gives us the clues which to use. The context of )L indicates motion
> towards.… Hence a
> translation, "and the rollable object is moved quickly to the dug out
> pit."

Then, Karl, in your view this NRC (of RWC) would be Niph'al Past, third
person singular masculine, with conversive waw attached to it?

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Spain)

Yes.