b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 12:6: BWR

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <pporta AT oham.net>
  • To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 12:6: BWR
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:15:31 +0100

WNRC unpointed could be from RWC, RCH or RCC, and it is the context that
gives us the clues which to use. The context of )L indicates motion towards.
RCC means to savage, i.e. treat roughly, RCH means to satisfy, as in making
pleased, also used as in satisfying a debt, leaving only RWC to move quickly
as the only one fulfilling the contextual clue of motion. Hence a
translation, "and the rollable object is moved quickly to the dug out pit."

Then, Karl, in your view this NRC (of RWC) would be Niph'al Past, third person singular masculine, with conversive waw attached to it?

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Spain)

Karl W. Randolph.