b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Where is Jacob's ladder?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Where is Jacob's ladder?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:07:52 +0000

Jim,

I think Genesis 12 can say Bethel instead of Luz because Moses wrote it down hundreds of years later, when the name was already called Bethel. Why would the Torah have to call places by their original names when telling about things that happened in those places before the names were changed?

Also, I am just curious about how many more controversial new ideas you have. If you have many more, I think you should put them together in a book, and make them available at Lulu.com or some site like that. Also, you could just put them together in a web site, and just ask people to look at your site, so they can see them all at once.

Lots of people have unusual ideas, but if you keep telling people them, eventually they will probably just ignore you. I have many of my own unusual ideas, and I put them on a web site. I think it is much more convenient for people who are interested in your ideas. In my case, that would be nobody, but me.

I am not trying to put down your ideas. I am just saying I think it would be easier for people to consider your ideas if they were all in one convenient location.

Kenneth Greifer

More photos; more messages; more storage—get 5GB with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507