b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] (no subject)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: "K. Wieske" <kenw.info AT mac.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:57:25 +0100

On 09/08/2007 21:23, K. Wieske wrote:
Hello all. I have been lurking for a while. I don't always have time to follow every discussion, but nevertheless I have enjoyed most of what I've managed to read.

One thing I would request help on is the font issue. I assume that the bunch of question marks I'm getting in some posts (please see below) are probably being generated when the poster uses some Hebrew font I don't have on my computer.

I am running Mac OS X; would some one kindly inform me where to obtain the requisite fonts so that I can better follow the discussions?

Your problem may well not be with fonts at all, but because you are subscribed to the digest for this list. I would expect that the digest is compiled in ISO-8859-1 encoding which does not support Hebrew, and so you get the question marks. If so, this is a bug in the list software. I would suggest that you change your subscription to individual posts. These should then arrive UTF-8 encoded, an encoding which supports Hebrew, as specified by the author (at least in this case), and you should be able to read them.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org