b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] (no subject)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Jerry Holmaas <jholmaas AT aflc.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] (no subject)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:25:42 +0100

On 10/08/2007 16:53, Jerry Holmaas wrote:
I'm subscribed to get individual posts and I get the same question marks.
Very frustrating indeed.

Well, I can assure you that the problem is not in Isaac's original post, nor in how the mailing list sent it out as an individual post, but in your system.

I see you are using Microsoft Outlook 11. Is this on Windows? If so, what you probably need to do is to install Hebrew support into your system and into Microsoft Office. First go into Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Languages and check "Install files for complex script...". Then from the Start menu run Microsoft Office Tools - Language Settings and select Hebrew as one of the supported languages.

On the othar hand, if you are using Microsoft Outllok on a Mac, then you need to change your mail software. This is because Microsoft has made a deliberate decision not to support Hebrew in its software for the Mac.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org