b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tory Thorpe <torythrp AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:00:48 -0400

On Jul 16, 2007, at 12:44 PM, dwashbur AT nyx.net wrote:

Once again, as Peter already pointed out, you retreat into the accusation that anybody who
disagrees with you must be theologically or doctrinally motivated. You're the one with the
conspiracy theory, not Karl or I. Obviously, it's a conspiracy by those rakkafrakka Christians
to make you look silly...no, wait, you're doing that all yourself. Never mind.

What else would you call the insinuation of Hebraists altering the meaning of almah because of christian dogma? How is that completely unsubstantiated charge, a familiar one, acceptable in this forum but my labeling it a conspiracy theory not?

Tory Thorpe