b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tory Thorpe <torythrp AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:25:27 -0400

On Jul 16, 2007, at 1:10 PM, dwashbur AT nyx.net wrote:

You haven't demonstrated that anything is "because of christian dogma." That's an
assumption on your part, and an erroneous one at that.

Karl's claim (and correct me if wrong Karl) is that almah meant one thing in the Hebrew speech community until the advent of christianity, and then the meaning was changed by non-christian Jews. And I believe you to be correct, that assumption on Karl's part is erroneous. But the claim is also offensive.

Tory Thorpe