b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:29:46 -0400

Harold,

OK, but what if the man is telling the truth; he indeed did not find evidence of her virginity. And the wife admits herself that she was not a virgin upon marriage, claiming to have lost her hallmark while riding her donkey, boys style, over some rough terrain. What then? "Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die"?

Isaac Fried, Boston University