b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:57:13 -0500

Dear Isaac,

You appear to me to evade the point: A man comes to his wife on the wedding night and finds her to be certainly lacking virginity. The wife swears to the effect that she has never been with another man before. Then what?

HH: That not the situation the law outlines. Would you please read what the law says:

Deut. 22:13 Suppose a man marries a woman, but after going in to her, he dislikes her
Deut. 22:14 and makes up charges against her, slandering her by saying, "I married this woman; but when I lay with her, I did not find evidence of her virginity."

HH: That's what it's talking about.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard