b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Tory Thorpe" <torythrp AT yahoo.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 00:11:36 -0700

Dear Tony,

Just because it is from a Christian commentary does not necessarily make it
incorrect or even against list guidelines. Some other commentaries that I
have access to on Isaiah (unfortunately Young is not one of them) do not
even comment on the article, but on other matters that I deemed should not
be quoted on this list UNLESS done so OFF-LIST. All I did was to quote the
relevant part regarding the use of the article and made it clear that I was
commenting on the use of the article in its context. All the other comments,
speculations, etc. were noted as such and reference to the archives was also
noted as such. Furthermore, you should have seen what I did NOT quote. I
viewed it as being against the list rules. Therefore, I did not quote
Jamieson-Fausset-Brown on those portions that did not refer to the article
except where it was a necessary part of the quote.

En Xristwi,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III