b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Job 6:16, was definite article in Isaiah 7:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Job 6:16, was definite article in Isaiah 7:14
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:11:05 -0500

Dear Isaac,

No I have not. What is this "NET" ?

HH: The NET is a recent Bible translation done by professors at Dallas Theological Seminary. It is online and includes a great deal of translation notes:

http://www.bible.org/netbible/index.htm

I do not understand why Torczyner [Tur-Sinai] need to go to Aramaic for something as obvious as this.

HH: I don't see why you say it is obvious. You seem to have a lot of notions that I have not seen reflected in thinking elsewhere. The entire notion bi-literal verbal roots is theoretical, as far as I know.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard