b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 19:10:57 +0000

On 23/03/2007 23:58, K Randolph wrote:
Peter:

Some of the times I didn't answer, I prepared the situation by writing
to the effect that unless the other person presents new information,
that I will not answer. Then by my silence I indicated that he has
merely repeated what I have already dismissed, that he has not
answered my objections, therefore my final statement stands. Sometimes
silence is itself an answer.

Would that have been the best answer to Goebbels' repeated lies, to ignore them unless there was new "information"?

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org