b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Capernaum

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Capernaum
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 05:33:07 +0000

On 11/30/06, K Randolph wrote:

> > Try clicking on "Full PDF". It quoted me a price of $23. If this
> > article didn't
> > involve what appears to me to be a relatively insignificant issue, I might
> > have been of more help.

This is something strange. Both URLs to the article, both yours and
Yitzhak's, dumped me onto the same page that simply asked for my
academic ID and password, giving me no other options. Not even the
option of purchase.

I have noticed that about a third to half the articles referenced on
this list pass me onto that same page, this is the first time I said
anything about it. It is effective censorship, restricting who has
access to scholarship.

Karl, when I click on Full PDF it gives me a screen asking me for
user id and password, but also options allowing me to sign up for an
id and password. After I sign up, it quotes me the price. However,
may I first ask where you're from? Perhaps I can help you locate it
in a local library, if this article is so important to you even if I feel it
is quite insignificant in this whole discussion.

Yitzhak Sapir
Rosh Haayin, Israel

  • Re: [b-hebrew] Capernaum, Yitzhak Sapir, 12/03/2006