b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] We and us

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz" <macnietspingal AT airmail.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] We and us
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:42:43 -0500

Also the Koran is full of "we's" instead of I's. Isn't the Koran closer to the culture of that time? Even RaMBaM enjoyed Arabic as a rich language.

And don't forget when you are sick and the nurse comes in and aks that annoying "and how are we feeling today? :) Very annoying:)

So I/We/You have plenty of variations in the use of pronouns :) In fact, it can cause lots of disturbances in communications. Like WE KNOW when it's only your opinion:)

Which then gets us off the subject of anu and anachnu. Both meaning "we" in my unscholary Webster New World. Wow, I didn't realize I hadn't looked it up in the English sentence.

We, pronoun 1. Anachnu 2. Anu (syn. for I)

So Anu is like the Koran and the irritating nurse who actually uses "we" as a syn. for "you". ???
"