b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] 'Tav" Preformative Third person Masc Plural form?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Chris and Nel" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] 'Tav" Preformative Third person Masc Plural form?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:18:22 -0000

In Ezekiel 37:7 the subject is third person, the verb is second person, (we
don't need to worry about the masc and fem interchange at this point), this
also occurs in Jeremiah 49:11, What I would be interested in though would be possible explanations outside of those who would suggest that the text needs amending. I prefer to assume that this is not a mistake.

Thanks
Chris