b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:24:51 -0500

Schmuel wrote:

Harold, I notice how you simply continue to (snip) the discussion of the
Richard Anthony
page that you previously sanctioned as a 'review' despite being shown to be a
trash piece. You could at least acknowledge what a disaster it was, and
withdraw his
and your (by support) accusations of Floyd Jones 'lying' while you continue to look for more substantive counterpoints to the Floyd Nolen Jones article.

Why not fulfill your own responsibilities in bringing the discussion to a
scholarly level.
Are you accusing Floyd Jones of 'lying' or not ?

HH: I cited Anthony as an article criticizing Floyd Jones in such a way as to make his writing not seem good, or attractive. That was my impression, to which I am entitled. I gave the link so others could see for themselves. You bring up a strange point and then want me to read a 50 page book. I had no interest in your point in the first place, which I believe contradicts all good sense. Why should I want to read a 50 page book about it? My citation of a critical piece simply noted the criticism. It did not endorse it or even consider it. By the way, Anthony has many points, and a number of them seem valid.

People don't have to follow every scholarly rabbit trail to be scholars. Part of scholarship is knowing when not to do so, and when an idea is unrealistic and bad. Life is short; why waste it eating bad food for the mind? It may be good for you, but most of the truth in Jones' article, insofar as I have read it, I already knew.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard