b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:52:04 -0500

Peter Kirk wrote:

I had no interest in your point in the first place, ... People don't have to follow every scholarly rabbit trail to be scholars. Part of scholarship is knowing when not to do so, and when an idea is unrealistic and bad. Life is short; why waste it eating bad food for the mind? ...

If you don't have the interest or time to pursue this issue properly, why are you wasting your own time and everyone else's by writing no less than 16 e-mails on this subject?

HH: Because issues came up that needed to be addressed. I did not waste people's time.

If you haven't examined the issues
properly (I haven't either), you should keep quiet on the matter.

HH: Because I had the time and interest to pursue it adequately for my purpose, which was to clarify that the man was unreliable.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard