b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Vadim Cherny" <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>
  • To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:57:46 +0300

> On 9/29/06, Moshe Shulman wrote:
>
> > As to 1, I admit that my feelings are that the MT reading is the
> > original.
>
> How do you explain the qamats on the kaf?
>
> Yitzhak Sapir

Personally, I don't see any problem with the kamatz. How many times do we
see the form sha-ani (instead of she-ani) in, for example, prayers?
Initial aleph, pausal form, absence of verb (also a very common feature in
less formal literature, such as the prayers) combine to elongate the
vocalization of caf into kamatz.

Vadim Cherny