b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:38:27 -0500

I know that is one of the main differences between Judaism and non-Judaism.

But how can I respond on any other level, I am not criticizing you, and I am not telling you what to believe. I am describing to you what I know.

I do know that one of the reasons that G-d gave Moshe the Oral Torah, and why it is considered even more important than written Torah, is because if it is Oral knowledge, it couldn't be mistranslated and misunderstood as can be a written text.

Shoshanna

Everything is sufficiently explained by Oral Torah, by all our Sages and Commentaries, there is no need for the theorizing you presented.

Shoshanna, I think you should realise that Christians like Harold and I never consider the Oral Torah to have any authority, since Jesus rejected it as "human traditions" (Mark 7:6-8, in which he quoted Isaiah 29:13). We don't expect you to consider the New Testament authoritative, so please don't expect us to consider the Oral Torah authoritative.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org