b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:13:25 -0500

I am not calling anyone anything, I am just citing commentaries and of course the Torah which recorded that Avraham said that Sarah was his sister. No one, including the Torah calls him a liar, it is just recorded what he said about Sarah.

I don't understand the relevance of your last sentence, about Sarah's birth details in Genesis 11 - chapter 11? verse 11? Whoever said that Sarah's birth details should or should not have been mentioned there - wherever?

I was responding to a questions, why was she called Kalla in one place and daughter in another place?

Shoshanna

HH: This is what I don't agree with. You are calling Abraham a liar, and
I am not. That is the point of the discussion. There's no need to
gratuitously call him a liar. Scripture does not require that.

What difference does it make what you or I think would have been
simpler to have been written in the Torah, the Torah is very precise
in every single letter, including missing ones, and enlarged ones,
why it is written the way it is written.

HH: Shoshanna, I tried to explain to you why the Book of Genesis did not
mention Sarah's birth details in Genesis 11. It is extraneous to the
flow of the text.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard