b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:29:46 -0500

Thanks, Brian:

Throughout the book of Ruth, Naomi called Ruth
"my daughter" e.g. Ruth 2:22 and 3:1.

Other than that, the main examples that I could
think of were where "daughters" was used in parallel
with "sons" (several times, look up in a concordance)
and since "sons" has a wider meaning than common
usage in English, that the parallel usage in Hebrew
should also indicate wider meaning for "daughters".

Karl W. Randolph.