b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joel Stucki" <joel AT stucki.ws>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:15:38 -0700

I really did not mean to start a war with my statement. I was only
responding to the ongoing discussion over the use of daughter (Bat)
verses Daughter-in-law (kalla). I thought the Abraham reference was an
interesting one to look at. I thought the other references I provided
were actually more relevant. I had no idea we were going to dive into
a debate on Abraham's morals. I would only offer that four millennia
ago life might have been different enough that we might not wish to
pass judgement on events we only have a few sentences describing.