b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:08:38 +0100

On 15/04/2006 18:54, Karl Randolph wrote:

With this as a background, the existence of a photon as a particle is a mathematical construct. ...

Which means that it isn't matter, or perhaps it doesn't matter? :-)

When one goes to the races, one chooses a horse and bets on it. My horse is named Genesis 1, yours the Big Bang. The race is not over yet, the horses are on the back stretch, we all are cheering on our horses, but as of yet the winner is not apparent to an unbiased observer.

You misrepresent me. I don't reject Genesis 1, I just interpret it in a different way from you. My mention of the Big Bang was explicitly dependent on "according to those same physicists". But if I am forced to choose, I would prefer to trust those physicists, many of whom are also believers, than the people who are mostly incompetent in theology and biblical languages as well as in sciences who promote so-called "creation science".

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)