b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:15:54 -0500

Dear Peter,

> Peter, that characterization of creationists is not
like the normal you.

Well, I don't want to get into mud slinging, but this is factually true,
at least if I replace "incompetent" by "unqualified". For example, the
recently deceased "Dr. Henry Morris, founder and president emeritus of
the Institute for Creation Research and the "father" of the modern
creationist movement" (see
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2006/0225morris.asp), was a
hydraulic engineer, with no qualifications in theology - although
according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_M._Morris he did have a
"minor" in geology, so he was not completely scientifically illiterate.

HH: But Henry Morris co-authored his most famous book, The Genesis Flood, after having been requested to do so by Dr. John C. Whitcomb, who in later years was Professor of Theology and Old Testament at Grace Theological Seminary and Director of Postgraduate Studies. Whitcomb wanted to publish his Th.D. dissertation and desired a scientist to write the sections on flood science. Morris had majored in hydraulics with a particular interest in investigating how the power of water would have worked in the Flood.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard