b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Prepositions and grammar

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Michael Abernathy <mabernathy AT isot.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Prepositions and grammar
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:37:14 -0400

It is not a matter of ignoring the preposition. It is a question of what is necessary to commuicate the same idea in English.
le indicates a change of state. In English the prepositioin would be necessary if we were to say, "The man changed into a living soul." The preposition is not needed with the verb "became."
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy

"So you suggest to ignore prepositions when convenient? Next, shall we ignore

verbs?"

Vadim Cherny