b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] XSD

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] XSD
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:28:32 -0500

George:

This advice, coming from a person who tries to claim that
"feet" = "genitals" with no evidence for it other than
overactive imaginations (of dirty old men?), it isn't very
convincing.

For me, as a person who speaks fluent German, Cantonese,
has a speaking knowledge of Norwegian, as well as a
reading knowledge of French, who has studied other
languages, the general rule that each lexeme has one
meaning (with exceptions, subject to grammaticizations
and figures of speach, of course) has stood me in good
stead for learning and using languages. I see no reason
why Hebrew should be different.

I'm not speaking as a translator, that's a whole different
can of worms.

Karl W. Randolph.