b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gen22:13 YHWHYiReH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sujata <shevaroys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gen22:13 YHWHYiReH
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:33:38 -0700 (PDT)

>From where did the sages get this information?
According to proverbs 30:6 "Add thou not unto His
words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a
liar." Am I correct in assuming that the Midrash is
interpretation of the Bible by Jewish sages?
How is it the Jewish belief system include so much
that is outside the Torah? Is there any specific
explanation to this in the Oral Torah?

I still did not find an answer to my earlier question
on the Oral Torah. What was the specific reason the
Oral Torah was kept oral eventhough the regular Torah
was written down? Did God instruct not to write down
part of the Torah?

Best wishes,
Sujata