b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tenses and aspects; was: footnotes

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tenses and aspects; was: footnotes
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:23:33 -0400

Rolf Furuli wrote:

In Hosea we have a setting, BMQM, but there is no grammatical or syntactic reason to view this setting as a grammatical element in c), thus transferring it to c). The point is not that it is impossible for a grammatical element of a clause in Hebrew to graphically occur outside the clause. But such occurrences are rare, and they should be perefectly clear before they can be accepted. My main objection to your analysis of a sentence initial adverebial in c) is that it is driven by theory and not by necessity.

The analysis is not driven by anything. I am just reading what is there. bimqom is not floating unattached. I am simply attaching an adverbial with its verb.

--
B. M. Rocine
Living Word Chruch