b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Vadim Cherny" <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:01:34 +0300

I still got no reply. Guess no one here could explain why do you discuss
vocalization of the Tetragrammaton, though it is clearly and widely attested
by ancients as Iao. Doesn't seem to me like a standard of honest scholarship:
you simply disregard hard evidence when it doesn't fit your preconceptions.
Iao cannot be a verb, so forget Iao. That kind of reasoning?

Vadim Cherny