b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:53:15 -0400

Thank you

Shoshanna

I don't if that was adressed to me but I believe the torah is divine
and that moses wrote it as tradition holds. It is also clear to me that
the author of the torah (whether moses or not) was definitely a strong
proponent that their is only one true god, yahowah, as opposed to the
many lifeless gods of the kingdom of egypt. Yahowah demonstrated their
lifelessness by attacking its gods with each plague that struck egypt.
Anybody who cannot see this, whether they accept the account as authentic
or not, can only be motivated by a desire to attack the authenticity of
the torah.