b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic - Abba

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Shai Heijmans" <shaih AT post.tau.ac.il>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic - Abba
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 04:26:29 +0200

Hi Dave and Peter,

Here are a few examples: "ana men yomoy la [kawwanet]", literally: "I,
in *my* days, did not intend" (= I did never intend), Taylor-Schecter
F17.6, the fragment was published in Ginzburg's "Sridei Hayerushalmi",
page 10 line 2; "wela etkena men qomoy" = "he did not bend down before
*me*", Kilayim (Leiden ms.), chapter 9, fol. 32b; "regloy" = "my feet",
Ketubbot chapter 12, fol. 64b, "enoy" = "my eyes", ibid., fol. 66a.

Regards,

Shai