b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic - Abba

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Awohili AT aol.com
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic - Abba
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:26:15 -0400

EXACTLY!!!!

Thank you.

Shoshanna

Though I have an interest in knowing the ineffable, it has oft occurred to me that there is one good reason why it is ineffable: if people misused it and treated it with the same casual disrespect as they do other titles for the Divine, surely all the mountains would tumble, and the world would end in flames.

So it is perhaps a mercy that the ineffable remains, for the moment,
ineffable.

Solomon Landers