b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 7:2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Sesamo m." <sesamox AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 7:2
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:36:10 +0200

"And it came to pass, from the day that the ark abode in Kiriath-jearim, that the time was long; for it was twenty years: AND all the house of Israel lamented after Jehovah." The first impression is that the two ideas are consecutive. However, in the books of Samuel sometimes the indication of periods and the narration of events sometimes go forwards and backwards (for instance, 2 Samuel chapters 2 and 3).
So, in my case, my conclusion is based more in the chronology.

Sergio