b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 7:2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 7:2
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:57:21 -0500

To make it even more interesting, in 2 Samuel 6, whose house was the ark in
when David decided to bring it to Jerusalem?

Further, how old was Samuel when he started judging Israel? How long did he
judge Israel? In other words, does the verse refer not to the time that the
Ark of the Covenant was in Gibeah, but the time that Samuel was judge over
Israel?

My reading is that the verse refers to SamuelÂ’s judgeship over Israel, and
the events listed subsequently were events that occured during that 20 years.
Of course, I may have overlooked something, so what do others on this list
say?

Karl W. Randolph.