b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] weak verb reference

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Karyn Traphagen <karyn AT birchbarkstudio.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] weak verb reference
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:01:59 -0500

On Feb 26, 2005, at 12:55 PM, Peter Kirk wrote:

On 26/02/2005 15:38, Karyn Traphagen wrote:

So, my quest for where to turn for resources remains. When my current arsenal of patterns and explanations falls short, where can I go to try to track down the "why" for the pointing?

But if you are in fact interested not so much in the writing system but more in the underlying phonological processes, you might like to look for example at Henry Churchyard's thesis, available from http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/linghebr/index.html. See especially the selection of "the sections that would probably be of most interest to Hebrew scholars who are not fully conversant with generative phonology" - unless of course you are fully conversant.

Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk AT qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/

Thank you so much for this link. It does indeed look very interesting to me!
Karyn Traphagen
WTS, Philadelphia