b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] weak verb reference

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Karyn Traphagen <karyn AT birchbarkstudio.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] weak verb reference
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:04:11 -0500

Dear Group,

As my fellow students and I work through translating various OT passages we find that we are not able to explain the pointing for many of the weak verbs we find (even applying all the weak verb rules that we've diligently tried to master). I'm sure there is some historical-grammatical explanation for much of it. Is there a reference that lists anomalous forms and gives an explanation of the development that leads to the MT pointing?

Thank you
Karyn Traphagen
Westminster Theological Seminary, PA
Student