b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Neh. 4:17

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Neh. 4:17
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:20:06 -0500

Liz:

Actually, in Tanakh there are numerous references to washing; most often to
washing of the feet, and hands, though also full body washes (baths, showers)
are mentioned. Many of the ritual washings were full body washes. A washing
was done before applying oil to the skin.

True, in closer times to us historically baths were rare, does that mean that
they were rare then? A daily shower may not have been in the works, as is
often the case today, but never bathing?

Karl W. Randolph.